livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Soaker hoses was _Group Encourages Relocalization of Food

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "bruce smith" <cityhomesteader@gmail.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Soaker hoses was _Group Encourages Relocalization of Food
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 16:18:26 -0500

Hi all,
I have been using soaker hoses for awhile now too.. We found that you can buy male and female hose ends cheap enough and we cut and made hose to the length we wanted.
Hose clamps and hose end caps finish it off.

I found that they tend to clog... Maybe I will have to be more careful filtering the rain barrels..
I use the mosquito dunks and they degrade and leave residue..as do the roof washings..sent down by rain..our house is 1800 Sq FT so we have a ton of water coming off..