livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Farming methods - no till and others

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Dieter Brand <diebrand@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Farming methods - no till and others
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 14:46:37 -0800 (PST)

I didn't think they were sterile.  And some, as you pointed out, produce
good fruit, but many have no or only tiny fruit that are only edible if you
have teeth of stainless steel.  Around here, we have loquat and apricotes
that can be grown from seeds and will still produce good fruit.  Most
orthers won't.

Dieter

bruce smith <cityhomesteader@gmail.com> wrote:
Wild fruit trees or fruit trees that will seed and go wild are not sterile.. You can tell that to the dang mulberries that come up all over here in CT. American Plum, beach plum, Service Berry, wild cherry, and a ton more not to forget Blue berries, raspberries <black and red> black berries, edible viburnums, currants, and wild straw berries..Plus the invasive Autumn olive.. Yes it is edible