livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Linseed oil

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Terry Wereb" <frostedacres@gmail.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Linseed oil
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:06:09 -0500

Does anyone know of a site that addresses boiling linseed oil for the use of preserving wood? I don't want to use the stuff that has been chemically altered!!! I have found a local source for raw linseed oil- thank heavens for living in Amish Country!! But i am under the impression that boiled oil will penetrate the wood in a better manner. The local Amish are not using the oil for woodwork, so I cannot use them as an educational source.

 thanks all-- i know I don't post much anymore, but I am watching ya!!!

 terry w

  • [Livingontheland] Linseed oil, Terry Wereb, 01/18/2008