livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Cool Climate Tomato Growing

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Cool Climate Tomato Growing
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 10:08:09 -0700

Interesting. I'd rather give long season tomatoes some early protection
rather than grow an earlier one that doesn't get rave reviews. With the
investment of time and materials in the greenhouse we can't afford to waste
it on ordinary tasting tomatoes. Last year we wasted two beds on French
heirlooms, Marmonde and Market Marvel. Just didn't have that
drop-dead-delicious taste, tho the Market Marvel fruits held up to frost
better in Nov. Only tried Marmonde because it was the only variety sold by
Vilmorin a hundred years ago that's still sold today.

Anyone else tried Sophie's Choice, Moskvich, or Black Cherry? How about
Matt's Wild Cherry?