livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Increase In Ethanol Production From Corn Could Signifi

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: <activism98201@verizon.net>
  • To: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>, livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: seedling@grain.org, sfoa@sfbayoil.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Increase In Ethanol Production From Corn Could Signifi
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 01:26:00 -0500 (CDT)

YES!

I have relied on the GRAIN report fairly extensively. I believe that it was
you (Ken) who responded with this pointer when I first queried this group for
input.

To answer Mitch's question (from a separate post) about what we can do to
have an impact: reduce consumption! They can try and produce as much as they
want, but unless we're consuming it it's not going to be very productive for
them. Setting the example is ultimately the most effective tool: I
constantly brag to people that I get paid to ride my bicycle to and from work
(commute trip reduction), while they are likely stuck in traffic burning
their hard earned dollars (and their health); the value of commuting for me
only improves as the price of liquid fuels goes up!

Oh... Ken, did you mean to point out the DVD to GRAIN? (I see that you've
CC'd them, so I suppose this question is redundant :-))

-Mark Nagel
Everett, WA

From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>

Remember that www.grain.org has a worldview on biofuels in the July, 07
issue: Agrofuels special issue. They may be interested in the dvd.

Ken Hargesheimer minifarms@gmail.com

activism98201@verizon.net wrote: I'd like to point folks at a great DVD for
exposing the myths of biofuels:

http://www.sfbayoil.org/sfoa/myths/index.html