livingontheland - [Livingontheland] intrest

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Martin Naylor <martinwnaylor@yahoo.com.au>
  • To: Livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] intrest
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 11:43:25 +1000 (EST)

I was disappointed in this book.  Although the author certainly knows his subject, Lester Brown does a better job with the "Big Picture", and other authors cover the details of various activities better.  Since I've read over 70 books on the general subject matter in the last year+, I'd be happy to give recommendations to anyone interested.
Most definetly interested in all books e books etc that you could recomend
a great book i read last week was the lost language of plants-stephen harrod buhner
and these sights are great
Journey of Mankind
>> http://www.bradshawfoundation.com/journey/
>>
>> "We've come a long way, baby. This site's interactive map traces the
>> long
>> journey from the origins of humankind in East Africa through the
>> Middle
>> East, Asia, Oceania, Europe, and the Americas. Pack your bag and
>> follow
>> along to see how human population ebbed and flowed across the
planet.
>> Or
>> take your time to dive deeper and learn more about:
>>
>> The interaction of migration and climate.
>> The effect of geological events, such as the eruption of Mt. Toba in
>> Sumatra.
>> What makes mitochondrial DNA so special, and why is it important to
>> trace?
>> The Clovis-first controversy.
>> Humankind's early artistic _expression_ in caves and on cliffs.
>> The effects of the Wallace Line.
>> The adoption of agriculture by hunter-gatherer communities
>>   Green Energy News
>> http://www.green-energy-news.com/index.html
>>
>> "Bruce Mulliken has been covering news and commentary on the world
of
>> clean, efficient, and renewable energy since 1996. His Green Energy
>>  News
>> site is geared towards a broad audience that includes the general
>>  public,
>> industry professionals, and government officials. First-time
visitors
>>  will
>> want to look at the "News Stories" on the front page which in recent
>> editions have included pieces on the growing hydrogen economy, the
>> potential of parking lots as a form of solar power, and the
>> possibility
>>  of
>> a zero emission electric vehicle with two wheels. Those looking for
>> previous news features can browse the "Archives and Resources" area,
>>  which
>> dates back to April 1996. Those looking for "green" events should
>>  browse
>> over to the "Events Calendar" section, which provides links to
>> upcoming
>> events such as renewable energy conferences and clean vehicle expos.
>> [KMG]" (From the Scout Report)
>> martin

http://martin.eblogs.com/
Permaculture Peoples Party
SharingIsGiving-Wollongong-New-South-Wales-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
Give and get stuff for free

Sick of deleting your inbox? Yahoo!7 Mail has free unlimited storage. Get it now.