livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] hard science behind no-till

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Terry Wereb" <frostedacres@gmail.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] hard science behind no-till
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 12:32:49 -0400

That reason is probably 'common sense' that  modern people seem to have lost. My brother complains about  too much rain, drought, not enough rain, etc, while I  seem to always be able to find something to do, no matter what the weather throws our way--- Many of our grandparents knew and lived by the cycles that Nature intended- even if they did not understand the science behind them, they at least knew how to make it work for them. I find if I stay away from the cities and their inevitable noise and confusion, my whole body responds in a way that is just short of miraculous.
  I think my Grandmother would be happy to see me doing what she insisted every person alive needed to do--CONNECT with the land and the seasons.

Terry
Frosted Acres