livingontheland - [Livingontheland] (no subject)

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Johnny Stansell <jgstansell@yahoo.com>
  • To: Livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] (no subject)
  • Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 05:10:58 -0700 (PDT)

I am thinking of growing organic alfalfa near La Pryor Texas.  Me and a partner are trying to buy some land (377 acres) in the Texas winter garden area.  There is lots of irrigation water there. We need a crop that will pay for the land as quickly as possible, then we can become more sustainable.  I'm really into soil building and High Brix organic methods.  The bills still must be paid.  I would like to eventually have organic produce or maybe an organic dairy.  Any ideas on crops that might help pay for land quickly???  Legal of course!!  LOL

Johnny Stansell

Bored stiff? Loosen up...