livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Greenhouse kit: does this sound like a good deal?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Greenhouse kit: does this sound like a good deal?
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 18:28:36 -0700 (PDT)

NC extension has plans for a 12x14 greenhouse that cost $100.  I have it if you want me to email it to you.  Ken Hargesheimer

Bobby G <bobbyg53211@yahoo.com> wrote:
hey folks, local Harbor Freight store has greenhouse
kits selling for $299 for the 6 x 10 size, and $599
for the 12 X 10. these use semi-rigid polycarbonate
panels, the corrugated type panels that are approx. 5
mm thick, and the frame is angle-aluminum.

given that polycarbonate sheets are pricey at $1.70
per square foot (e.g., 200 sq. ft. at $340) plus the
packing and shipping charge that every greenhouse
supply house adds on (usually $100 or $120), this
complete greenhouse kit seems much less expensive than
buying just the bulk polycarbonate sheets (then having
to build a frame for the greenhouse).

bobby g

http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/