livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Greenhouse kit: does this sound like a gooddeal?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Carrie Shepard <carrieshepard@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Greenhouse kit: does this sound like a gooddeal?
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 05:52:00 -0700 (PDT)

De-lurking quickly to share again that this place has fast shipping and good prices on supplies:   http://www.robertmarvel.com/    with just the row covering you can extend the season on many crops and if you take care of the row covering by taking it off and rolling it/folding it back up till the next season it will last through quite a few seasons of use.

I love the row covering because it also protects your young plants till they're well established from wind damage and keeps my dogs/cats/ chickens from ruining any freshly planted areas.   No building required, just lay it on top of the bed and anchor with some soil or rocks or U-shaped wires made from wire coat-hangers.

Now officiallly missing gardening due to packing/moving/helping another family in transit also.  I DID get a rose, some comfrey, a young peach tree, and my bamboo dug up and in pots ready to take to the new house.  My garlic is maturing and I'll be able to harvest it before we move, YIPPEE!   I was thrilled that my markers for each variety all survived the winter and spring, so I even know what type these are and can bag some for replanting in the fall.

Carrie
in OK

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.