livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Greenhouse kit: does this sound like a good deal?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "E. E. Mitchamore Jr" <emitch@att.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Greenhouse kit: does this sound like a good deal?
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 06:06:35 -0500

I really like the idea of two layers of protection, with no supplemental heating:

1) A simple, single layer "greenhouse", preferably with only southern exposure and some thermal mass.

2) Lightweight "Row Covers" INSIDE the greenhouse, over the seedlings.  These would be manually deployed only during the coldest nights.  Could be a sheet or tarp, too.

Use of this two-layer approach simplifies the greenhouse.

E. E. "Mitch" Mitchamore
www.hillcountrynatives.biz