livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Issue 9, 50 million farmers

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Dan Conine <dconine@bertramwireless.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Issue 9, 50 million farmers
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 15:08:33 -0500

Heinberg believes that
> these farmers must be aided by affordable access to land, university
> training in small-scale ecological farming methods, direct financial aid
> through start up phase, and long-term low-cost loans.

Well, we currently have something like 8 million prisoners and 5? million
farmers. Will this mean that we will have 80 million prisoners to support at
$30,000 per year while offering the occasional grant of a 'low interest loan'
to those 50 million farmers?

The problem is that there is no feedback loop to get people to spend money on
the things they need and to NOT spend money on the things they DO need.

We don't need more programs. We need fewer tax laws, fewer incentives to
corporations to make CWDN (C..p we don't need), and we need to get rid of the
patent system, which was designed to help the country grow to suck up the
resources which were just 'lying around'.

I like Richard's work on most things, but in this, he's thinking like the
System of Systems does: add another 'System' to solve a problem which was
originally caused by having too many Systems and not enough discipline.

Dan

  • Re: [Livingontheland] Issue 9, 50 million farmers, Dan Conine, 05/16/2007