livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] happenings to get fired up about growing

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: <activism98201@verizon.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] happenings to get fired up about growing
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 00:07:54 -0500 (CDT)

It's not just corn.

Here in Snohomish County the politicos have managed to, along with idiot
farmers, push canola. And we don't really have big farmers here: I suppose
I'd have to say that they were the "mid" farmers (not the couple acre types,
and not the 1,000 acre types). The subsidies be a comin'...

One county up (Skagit County, where REAL farmers reside) they totally reject
canola for all the right reasons.

When people start starving here I'll be sure to point out these jackass
politicians as a possible food source!

-Mark Nagel
Everett, WA