livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Question About Chickens

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Harold and Sue Karber" <karber@pldi.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Question About Chickens
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 21:12:05 -0500

You are so right and they eat mosquitoes too and ticks and fleas.  I have them roll my lab to work him over and keep him bug free.   Their eggs are wonderful for eating and baking.     I prefer the traditional color but do have a brown one and a white one.   They also are quiet.  Mine never roam past our place and put themselves up every night.   Mine were born and raised on this land and know the boundaries somehow.
Sue Karber  Oklahoma
If you put someone down then put them down on your prayer list.
No to NAIS
The scariest thing isn't the daily news; it's our  food's lack of Country of Origin Labels (COOL) and
 the horrid NAIS to make it worse with eliminating real food safety and family farms for only factory farms.
http://www.nonais.org/  technical documents and state groups located on right side bar
http://www.r-calfusa.com
http://www.naissucks.com/  This my good friend Darol Dickerson's site not to be missed.
www.tabletophomestead.org/NAIS.html   Oklahoma Cooperative Agreements