livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Velvet beans or Leguminosae Mucuna

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Velvet beans or Leguminosae Mucuna
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 20:00:06 -0700 (PDT)

Alan,

It is used all over the world.  That is the most popular green manure crop used, I guess.  I have some seed but I do not know the variety.  Seed companies here have them.  I think www.groworganic.com has them.

Ken

Alan Whitaker <alan@dunbrokeus.com> wrote:
Does anyone here know of a source for velvet bean seed. I have some,
not sure of the variety and would like to try different varieties. From
my research, several different types were available before the 1940's.
I hope they arent' all gone.........