livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] 1491 New Revelations of the Americas BeforeColumbus

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] 1491 New Revelations of the Americas BeforeColumbus
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 20:13:38 -0700

Our history is one of using up and destroying our natural resources, out
soil, water, even the air itself, with no concern for the future. This is
not a "dim view"; it's a terrible view, and it's accepted fact throughout
the scientific world today. But we're certainly not the first to foul our
own nest. Empires through history have ruined the land that sustained them,
and all empires fall. Greece deforested their islands for timber for ships,
Rome depleted the soil that fed them. City states in ancient India and the
Mideast were lost in dust. It goes on and on.