livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] 1491 New Revelations of the Americas BeforeColumbus

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Gloria Baikauskas <gcb49@flash.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] 1491 New Revelations of the Americas BeforeColumbus
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:37:38 -0700 (PDT)

I have seen more of this than is shown.  It talks about a huge city in Oklahoma with large ranches that bred elk, deer, and buffalo instead of the cattle we have that were brought by the Europeans.  I have also seen a bit on a city in Illinois somewhere where the flour was made of knotweed seeds, and the meat again was deer,elk, etc.  Don't think buffalo were listed in the Illinois bit.

History is cleaned up fairly often to make the 'right' folks look better.  The Europeans were smelly cuz the didn't bathe except at birth, marriage, and death.  They brought much disease with them...including animals that carried disease not known here....and plant diseases with the plants.  It devastated the more civilized people in the Americas who were in the beginning much better to them than the Europeans were to the Native peoples here.

I sometimes wonder if the diseases had not devastated the populations in the Americas who would have won.  Would we, who are of largely European stock, be here now?  Perhaps not.

Gloria