livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] perma

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] perma
  • Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 23:09:14 -0700

And permaculture wasn't intended for maximizing sustainable food
production. As current trends continue, the need increases for localizing
healthy food and producing all we can from space available, wherever we
are. We don't have time to wait forty years for forest canopies to grow and
understories to develop to reach some idealized climax ecosystem. We do
have to stop topsoil loss and aquifer depletion with sustainable, intensive
growing and we have a great deal of information and sources to go with.