livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] perma

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] perma
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 14:25:51 -0800 (PST)

I have read the books.  The yield seems to be much lower than organic, no-till in permanents.  Do not miss understand me as I am in favor of it as it addresses the total picture.  Most people are not going to produce their own food. Therefore, those who do produce food must produce enough for the rest of the world.

I am not the only one who believes that as I have read others.  A person in CAL is producing 6,000 lbs of food on 1/10 acre.

Ken

Mike E <mike.lists@mlxvi.org> wrote:
That's a pretty blunt statement Ken.

Why can't it?

Mike

Ken Hargesheimer wrote:

Permaculture cannot feed the world.

Ken Hargesheimer

Need Mail bonding?

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.446 / Virus Database: 268.18.7/713 - Release Date: 7/03/2007 9:24 a.m.