livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Woodsplitters

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Tony Marzolino <tmarzolino@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Woodsplitters
  • Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 05:31:20 -0800 (PST)

Hello All - Has anyone thought of using a stove with a big enough opening that the wood does NOT need to be split?  Our main stove fits a log 18" diameter and up to 24" long.  I only use a chain saw and when absolutely necessary, the old fashion wedge and hammer for those really big logs.  I have never used a mechanical type splitter.

Regards,
Tony Marzolino

Pego Rice <firekeeper38@yahoo.com> wrote:

Has anyone used the non-electric wood splitters?

I found hydraulic splitters and a hammer action that
looks rather like a fence post pounder that I use and
like. I certainly used an ax when I was young but I
am old and fat now, with a bad tendency to lose my
grip at unexpected moments. I haven't trusted myself
with an ax for a while.
http://tinyurl.com/2dnhvz
http://tinyurl.com/29d9u9
http://tinyurl.com/2c5fu8