livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Vandana Shiva’s Closing Addres s to the Soil Association Conference.

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: yarrow@sfo.com
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Vandana Shiva’s Closing Addres s to the Soil Association Conference.
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 21:54:40 -0800

Vandana Shiva’s Closing Address to the Soil Association Conference.
http://transitionculture.org/2007/02/13/vandana-shivas-closing-address-to-th
e-soil-association-conference/

Wow! She is always so inspiring. Thank you so much for creating this list, and for posting such wonderful resources.

I agree with what Vandana Shiva says about the need to return to the soil, and I'm wondering if anyone else has written anything about (or brainstormed about) practical ways to make this transition in a society where less than one percent are involved in agriculture. She did mention Transition Towns in GB, and I have heard about ecovillages in Russia.