livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Worms & Winter Compost tea.

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Michael Nevin <mikepnevin@yahoo.ca>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Worms & Winter Compost tea.
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 20:36:50 -0500 (EST)

Hi - you might be right in assuming that adverse conditions induce increased breeding but I make the opposite assumption, namely, that lots of cocoons are a signal that the worms find the conditions right. And that population will increase up to the carrying capacity of the worm environment.
Cheers, Mike in Toronto

jerry walker <cubby149@vermontel.net> wrote:
>From what I've read they lay egg like crazy when adverse conditions occur.
Survival of the species and all that.