livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] poultry butchering info

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] poultry butchering info
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 18:58:41 -0700

No-till doesn't have to mean no initial digging or tilling when first
starting new growing areas. Whether you turn and mix soil to get beds set
up depends on what you've got to begin with. Some will say just layer
materials on top of sod or whatever. I don't say one way is right or wrong.
On another list I brought up no-till as done by Eliot Coleman and they
sandbagged the whole issue deliberately by quarrelling over the definition
of no-till. And when they got downright abusive about it I realized the
tentacles of Monsanto, ADM, Cargill, and John Deere don't miss the
Internet.