livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Condition of Chadwich Garden

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Zachary Domikez <zdomike@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Condition of Chadwich Garden
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 14:54:20 -0800 (PST)

Several months ago, there was lots of writing about:
RE : USSC Center for Agroecology & Sustainable Food
Systems

and also the general topic of WHY is organics so hard.

I went to UCSC and was distressed at the conditions.
It was February, mid-winter, but there we sighs and
cries from the plants, and the roofed areas were sad
and dry. Of course, whenever many volunteers are
involved in complex systems, some info falls thru the
cracks and compost, tools and irrigation all showed
signs of neglect.

I hope someone else has had positive experiences with
volunteers... I have worked with WWOOF on my place,
and had some great help, and some sad cases. hmmmmmm.

Regards,
zzzzzz
It ain't easy being green - Kermit

http://zzyx.ucsc.edu/casfs/publications/cultivar/24.1.pdf