livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] raised beds

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Barbara Fischer" <cen12205@centurytel.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] raised beds
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 10:42:30 -0600

All experience is not the same.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2007 12:38 AM

I have lived here for 10 years.  About 2 years ago we had some heavy late winter rains.   Now after all of this time one would have thought the creosote from the electric pole would have leached out.....but it hadn't.  It killed the shrubbery in that area deader than a doornail.

I have some neighbors who had access to old railroad ties retired from a real railroad even.  They lost all of their shrubbery after some heavy rains.

I would not use them myself.....but that is experience talking.

Gloria, Texas