livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] plant info

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] plant info
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 19:26:25 -0700

I'll define "usually" this way... In some soils double digging is nonsense.
In my case the topsoil is so thin that one shovel depth is into subsoil. I
dig one shovel depth and build up one more, and frame to hold new topsoil
and mulch in place with the winds we get.

You're absolutely correct, the permanent beds do save about a third of
everything that goes into the garden, but produces more in the same space.
We hope to get out to Lubbock to finally meet you at your workshop next
month.