livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] raw milk

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Carrie Shepard <carrieshepard@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] raw milk
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 09:23:58 -0800 (PST)

Interesting Ken,

I don't think there are bacteria count stipulations for goat milk in OK, but there is a 100 gal a month off the farm limit and I think there's something against advertising or limits to how you can advertise.

I was told that so many of the farmers around here with dairy cattle are feeding a mix with the bovine growth hormone in it, that even if they will sell it raw, it may not be a good idea to drink it.   We just watched the DVD from the Seeds of Deception book and found that I want to start asking more questions of the companies and work harder at switching my goats and sheep to all hay instead of a combination of hay and whole grains.

Raw milk is a highly variable potentially life-saving food and producing a high quality healing raw goat milk is on my agenda.  For pics of our two Nubian doelings born just this morning, see here:

www.xanga.com/firstfarmerinstitute

Raw goat milk has been pivotal in restoring my health,

Carrie

Never miss an email again!
Yahoo! Toolbar