livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] raw milk

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] raw milk
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 04:58:16 -0800 (PST)

Three or four years ago, I called the dairy farm inspector for West TX and asked him about selling raw milk at the farm.   He quoted me the law which is a certain bacteria count [same as for pasturized milk], etc.  Then he told me that when he goes to several farms for inspection, 1-5 cars will be at the barn waiting for the farmer to complete the morning milking so they can fill their containers out of his milk vat.  He said I just ignore it as long as they are coming to the farm to pick it up.  I hope the state office is not on this listserve!

Ken Hargesheimer

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.