livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] ivermectin residue in manure?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Terry Wereb" <frostedacres@gmail.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] ivermectin residue in manure?
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 13:24:43 -0500

I actually saw that article as well, and today, recieved my forst order of the wormer-- from Hoegger's goat supply.  i first heard of this wormer at a goat health seminar that was well attended by Amishmers who indicated they have had much success with it.  Since the farm group we belong to now yas a market for organixcally or naturally raised animals, i thought I would give it a try.  My ram will get his first does tonight, after a do a fecal to provide a baseline count.  My ram is a Barbados Blackbelly, which are supposed to be naturally parasite resistant in the first place. So I need to do a fecal anyway, to see what this weather has been doing to his gut...

 Also, in this area, many parasites of all the "farm" animals, as well as  pets, are developing a resistance to the 'conventional' wormers. To make matters worse, lungworm is now here, brought in by the whitetail deer population, and it is surviving the cold!!!

 I also now have on hand, some DE, which  worked very well on my dogs last month against tapeworms!!!

Terry W  in Ashatbula County, Ohio