livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] The answers are in the land/ We have a lot farther to fall than Cuba

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: m s <lobstahnchowdah@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] The answers are in the land/ We have a lot farther to fall than Cuba
  • Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 10:53:18 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,

This was true in many cases...

I worked with an older gentleman who grew up on a farm
in the Canadian Maritimes. He mentioned that someone
had asked him what it was like growing up during "The
Depression". He was unaware that there had been a
"Depression" during those years, because nothing had
changed for his family. They had candles and oil
lamps, and raised all their own food, hunted and
fished and foraged.

Mike

--- TradingPostPaul <tradingpost@riseup.net> wrote:

> As I like to remind us, in the Depression of the
> 30's farm families fared
> better with food than their city cousins, and half
> the population was still
> rural then.

Have a burning question?