livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] The answers are in the land/ We have a lot farther to fall than Cuba

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] The answers are in the land/ We have a lot farther to fall than Cuba
  • Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 21:20:52 -0700

Mike and Miranda, that reminds me of what my daughter in law said to my
partner. She was telling her you need to keep certain basics like flour on
hand, and the daughter in law asked, well what can you do with flour???

paul tradingpost@lobo.net
---------

“If economics is reconceived in the service of community, it will
begin with a concern for agriculture and specifically for the production of
food. This is because a healthy community will be a relatively
self-sufficient one. A community’s dependency on outsiders for its mere
survival weakens it. It is often unable to develop the policies it desires
for the sake of its own members, since its survival depends on terms
dictated by others. The most fundamental requirement for survival is food.
Hence, how and where food is grown is foundational to an economics for
community.”
--Herman Daly and John Cobb
http://www.serve.com/ecobooks/comgood.htm