livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Livingontheland Digest, Vol 68, Issue 1

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Marty Kraft <martyk@allspecies.org>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Livingontheland Digest, Vol 68, Issue 1
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 08:56:28 -0600

In the film The Power of Community: How Cuba Survived Peak Oil, it talks about how the growers make more money than doctors and shows how they developed farms and plots everywhere just to survive the US embargo (especially on petroleum). You can check out more about the film at http://www.communitysolution.org/cuba.html As the price of oil goes up the reign of petro food goes down. The question is timing.

On October 22, Ken Hargesheimer also made an offer to send us a David Suzuki dvd of Cuban organic farming. I got it and it was great. And cheap. Thanks Ken

Marty