livingontheland - [Livingontheland] pesticide pusher? Grab your hip boots, it's getting deep

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] pesticide pusher? Grab your hip boots, it's getting deep
  • Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 12:02:46 -0700

Thank you. I don't pass judgment on other states' extension programs, not
knowing all the details. But in this state I'm not going to pay to be a
volunteer pesticide pusher. We have hundreds (thousands?) of unknown
poisons in our bodies already and babies are born with them through the
mother. In addition, I don't like the threatening tone of that MG
application. Nor am I passing judgment on every person in the program. But
really, they ought to have sense enough to realize that short course does
not make them experts or make them qualified to give anybody advice. Some
no doubt have good intentions. But as my grandpa used to say, the road to
Hell is paved with good intentions. Many of us on this list have studied
and experienced a hundred times as much as so-called Master Gardeners, and
we don't claim to be "Master" anythings.