livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Grab your hip boots, it's getting deep

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Steve Diver <steved@ipa.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Grab your hip boots, it's getting deep
  • Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 10:05:34 -0600

Hopefully this announcement about Master Gardener
will spark some interest for the Albuqueque program.

MGs receive a short course on horticulture and gardening.

MGs volunteer for their community, helping
home owners and gardeners with information.

It may not be apparent to some folks how many
phone calls come into these Extension centers.

Home owners are looking for technical assistance
on their soils, plants, and bugs. They want to know
which varieites grow well in the area and who to
raise food gardens and beautify their landscape.

When I taught and coordinated MGs at the county
level in Oklahoma, I met so many wonderful
local people who gave to their community with
a genunine spirit. Each one was a lover of the
earth and embodied the spirit of volunteerism
for their community.

Onwards,

Steve Diver
NW Arkansas

TradingPostPaul wrote:

Albuquerque Area Extension Master Gardener