livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] World May Be Up for A Drastic Shortfall In Food Stocks

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: three feathers <threecrowfeathers@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] World May Be Up for A Drastic Shortfall In Food Stocks
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 04:03:13 -0700 (PDT)

i don't believe overpopulation is the problem.   I admit we do have a "glut" of humanity, but I believe (and could be wrong, i might add) the food crisis is in the the lack of Knowledge of '"how" to grow our own food that is the problem......

We have been conditioned to think of Kroger (for example) as our "mainstream" food supplier.............we need to alter that mindset and think about producing food for ourselves, whether as a singular family unit or as a neighborhood / community project.

And many of us have lost that Knowledge, sad to say........which is why we all are on this forum  :-).

My concern is the problem with water resources to keep our food producing plots healthy and viable.  I have read that there are corporations, such as Monsanto and others, that are trying to "buy up" all water rights.......and i want to know WHY.......new world order stuff, maybe?

I don't know much about that, mainly because of the confusion on my part between fact and "conspiracy theory" stuff..........but if anyone here knows more about this, i would appreciate a "'Cliff-Notes" crash course on this push to buy up water rights, what that means and what it means for US, as folks wanting to be more self sustaining........

be well--
threefeathers in AR

TradingPostPaul <tradingpost@riseup.net> wrote:

Any discussion of feeding the world needs to avoid getting into
overpopulation debate, ok?

Donadaghovi AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do
(Til next we meet, Walk in Peace)