livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] toxins effect on premature labor

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] toxins effect on premature labor
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 10:29:55 -0600

There's a keeper, Claudia - "Don't let any more of the fertility of the
land, leave the land than absolutely necessary. " With all the complicated
ins and outs of productive land, that's one simple guideline. Makes me
think of the backyard makeover TV show from Limey Land. They invariably
spade up all the sod and send it off, instead of recycling it onsite. Then
they go out and spend several pounds for "good" soil to replace it. Closer
to home, on a garbage pickup day in most any city you can see plastic bags
up and down the street, full of grass clippings and leaves for the
landfill. And someone, can't remember who, said the best fed mouth in
America is the kitchen sink disposal. And what happens to the mountains of
food waste from the typical restaurant in this country? For those who think
we could never get enough organic matter to rebuild the nation's depleted
soil, think again.

paul tradingpost@lobo.net

Beware of all enterprises that require government help.
-- me