livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Sustainable Production of Fresh-Market Tomatoes and Other Summer Vegetables With Organic Mulches

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Sustainable Production of Fresh-Market Tomatoes and Other Summer Vegetables With Organic Mulches
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 14:49:26 -0600

Then the sheep and goats are let into the garden area when veggies aren't
growing, right? Interesting that they're still feeding on the vetch started
60 years ago. I suspect plastic cover would have to be left in place for
the season, wouldn't it? A while back, Ruth Stout had an answer for the
experts who tried to donate black plastic for her garden.

--Henry David Thoreau