livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Sustainable Production of Fresh-Market Tomatoes and Other Summer Vegetables With Organic Mulches

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Norma Sutton" <sweetspringfarm@gmail.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Sustainable Production of Fresh-Market Tomatoes and Other Summer Vegetables With Organic Mulches
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 14:52:11 -0400

Hi Paul,
I use sheep and goats for my weed control.  Dad planted vetch here back in the 40's.  I'm not sure if it was origionally part of the hayfield or not, but my livestock love it and I get fertilizer to boot. I guess you could put a heavy black plastic down over it for a couple of hot day to kill the seeds though.
Norma

There's a better way to control weeds. Anyone?

Faith expects from God what is beyond all expectation. - Andrew Murray

Check out my portfolio!
http://Writing.Com/authors/normas

New spindles listed on my etsy shop.
http://sweetspringfarm.etsy.com