livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Soil Building

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Art Corbit" <art_c@cox.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Soil Building
  • Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 12:58:34 -0500

Hi Paul,

It is possible Nitrogen can cause problems. However in most cases a higher
concentration of Nitrogen will help the moisture break down natural minerals
in soil where plants can use them better. There are a lot of minerals in
most soil but most of it is too large for plants to use it. Nitrogen with
plenty of water will break them down but if your water is low it will burn
tender plants.

I agree with what you said about baked goods. They are loaded with harmful
junk and don't have nearly what they should in them. Bleached flour is just
about useless. We should be eating home ground whole wheat sour dough bread
and leaving a lot of this other stuff alone for the reasons you just
mentioned.

Cows milk is causing serious problem and so is pork and beef. Even the
chicken you buy now is loaded with a bunch of stuff we do not need to be
taking into our bodies. Most Asians are eating a lot closer to what Nature
intended than we are in the US. The natural part of most foods are way low
in food value and then that go adding a bunch of other junk. I include that
in with the other foods that don't have a good food value.

Art