livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Alternative fuels on the farm

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "art corbit" <art_c@cox.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Alternative fuels on the farm
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 10:30:24 -0500

There are different kinds of goats just like there are cows. If you are
trying to milk one of the smaller brush goats then you will have problems
churnning butter from their milk. If you milk one of the larger true milk
goats you won't be able to tell much difference in their milk than cows
milk. The cream will rise slower on goats milk than it does cows milk for
the simple reason goats milk is already homogenized when it leaves the goat.

Goat milk is also a lot more digestable in the human stomach than cows milk.
Cows milk is causing some very serious problems in humans. I happen to be
one of them. I was raised on fresh cows milk and then later after I left the
farm we bought milk from the store. I always loved it and would have a tall
cold glass with every meal. I also have had serious stomach problems all my
life. I finally figured out it was the milk hurting me so I cut it off and
my stomach problems were gone.

A goat is also a lot cleaner animal than a cow. A goat won't drink just any
water like a cow will or they won't eat feed that has been contaminated by
other alimals. A goat won't touch hay that a cat or dog has slept on. I have
seen cows stand and eat the litter that is cleaned out of these large
chicken houses and they love it.

Art in Arkansas