livingontheland - [Livingontheland] No-Till incomplet

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Zachary Domikez <zdomike@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] No-Till incomplet
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 20:48:41 -0700 (PDT)

Paul says he starts from Scratch, which reminds me
that my chicken tractor does a fabulous job of
tilling. I move it every day or two, and five hens can
tear thru a ton of stuff in a week.

My only concern is that the ground is bare afterwards,
and supposedly that is poor management. Of course
their manure is their mixed in . . .

These discussions are incomplete in the sense that
there is not much understanding of the Bio-dynamic
prinicples, one of which is that animals are integral
to gardens, altho prohibited by suburban statutes . .
. . more and more.

Zack

<tradingpost@riseup.net>