livingontheland - [Livingontheland] MORE off topic, Biogas versus ethanol

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] MORE off topic, Biogas versus ethanol
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 22:26:19 -0600

Compost is appropriate of course. And I'm free to state my view on ethanol
too. It's an insanely inefficient use of farmland, no matter what happens
to its byproducts. And it's being promoted by all sorts of front groups on
the Internet in the pay of ADM and the corn lobbies. If ALL the corn grown
in the USA went to ethanol it would only supply 10% of the country's fuel
needs. Those who insist on ignoring the hard facts will be suspect. I am
the listowner.

"the potential of Biogas to replace petroleum" is off topic. Our topic is
Living On The Land, not Making fuel on the land. Don't tempt me.

paul, tradingpost@riseup.net
The care of the Earth is our most ancient and most worthy, and after all
our most pleasing responsibility. To cherish what remains of it and to
foster its renewal is our only hope.
- Wendell Berry