livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] the oil we eat/ the myth of Americafeedingthe world/

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "D Knoll" <homeschool@iontreasures.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] the oil we eat/ the myth of Americafeedingthe world/
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 13:13:49 -0400

Hi Pat:

My reply was just a reply. It wasn't an attack on you. You've read something
into my words that I did not put there. You made some good and interesting
comments, and then I made some comments within the same subject area.

> I don't know why you think I ever said anyone 'should' eat
> anything.

I don't think that. You didn't say that. You were not attacked. Your words
were not twisted or mutated in any way. My comments were just about things
I've been thinking about in regards to this subject. I used "should" and
"supposed to" as a quick way to end that email, since it was getting
long-winded, and my hands were starting to hurt.

That's why I hate communicating through email. People skip over entire words
and phrases, extract a meaning that wasn't even there in the first place,
and then what was once an interesting discussion turns into a time and
energy-wasting "I said, you said" and then everyone wants to clarify it,
then 6 more people step up to say what they think the person meant to say,
and so on to infinity! And now I'm a moron for doing it, too!

Diane