livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] the oil we eat/ the myth of America feedingthe world/

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat@meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] the oil we eat/ the myth of America feedingthe world/
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 08:40:41 -0400

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 20:18:06 -0400, you wrote:

>Anyway, I haven't read the article yet, and I am not trying to be
>argumentative, these are just a few of the things that come to mind when I
>think about "What are we REALLY supposed to be eating? Should I cut out meat
>entirely? Will the touted benefits of soy even impact a person of non-Asian
>origin?"

I don't know why you think I ever said anyone 'should' eat
anything. 'Perfectly possible' (my exact words) does not
equal 'should'. 'Perfectly possible' also does not equal
'REALLY supposed to be'.

Example: It is 'perfectly possible' for me to sit on the
grass next to the road in front of my house for two hours
each day holding a zucchini in one hand and an American flag
in the other hand. But that doesn't mean I 'should' do it
or I am 'REALLY supposed to be' doing it.

I always try especially hard not to use the word 'should',
in fact, or anything equivalent to it. I try equally hard
not to use the words 'supposed to be'. In this case,
neither was used or implied.

Pat
--
Gardening in northern Pennsylvania.

Eat local food, change the world for the better!