livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] public media garden experts

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Catherine Fenner" <c1fenner@comcast.net>
  • To: "'Healthy soil and sustainable growing'" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] public media garden experts
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 15:17:02 -0700

I believe you are right about following the money. I had a conversation with
a garden radio host about organics. We were talking about how marketable
organics was becoming and I was giving data. He said maybe he'd cover some
organic methodology and controls on his web site but acknowledged that the
garden center that sponsored his show didn't want him to pitch that method
to the audience because they gain more profits from the large industry
chemical products.

That works both ways, I think. I just read a thread on a web-based organic
forum decrying Home Depot for carrying organic products next to
chemical-based. For all of us who hope safer methods enter the main stream
there are some who get pretty angry once it has.

My dream is that people will start employing organics without even realizing
they are making a minority decision.

Catherine