livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] 2 lists now combined into Living on the Land

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@gilanet.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] 2 lists now combined into Living on the Land
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 12:02:19 -0700

Fair questions and I'll reply on list for others' information.

There are no automatic spam filters that work right. Subscriptions here have
to go through approval so don't worry about spam. If anything slips through
somehow, the address will be banned. No spam ever got through on the Mailman
or Yahoo lists I've run. We don't allow attachments on this list because of
viruses etc. Far as I know archives on Ibiblio lists aren't searchable but
can be accessed by Thread, Subject, Author, or Date. For specific
information, just ask it on the list. We're all here to learn.

There won't be any mailing interruptions betwen Ilibiblo and Yahoo here
because we're not depending on Yahoo to redirect to Living On The Land. We're
not depending on Yahoo at all for this.

Our Yahoo lists Soilmakers and SoilmakersGrowing are still there, along with
their archives, for those subscribed to those lists, though no new messages
will be sent to those lists.

You're already on digest.

And yes, this is a good list, a great list - because of the people
contributing on it.

We've only just begun. Let's go for it!

paul, tradingpost@riseup.net
The outstanding scientific discovery of the twentieth century is not
television, or radio, but rather the complexity of the land organism. Only
those who know the most about it can appreciate how little we know about it.
- Aldo Leopold in Round River, 1933