livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] 2 lists now combined into Living on the Land

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pego Rice <firekeeper38@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] 2 lists now combined into Living on the Land
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 10:16:33 -0800 (PST)

Hello Paul

I would also appreciate being switched to digest. I
have become rather comfortable with yahoo and with
maintaining my "do not SPAM" status with them and with
managing my lists and digests at one site. I am list
posting this since it is already plain that others are
wondering something as well and it may as well be
answered in one post.

Whatever my personal feeling about yahoo are, the are
sufficient to encourage me to try this new thing of
yours, if you can help me to understand it enough to
know that my concerns here will be addressed.

What SPAM protocols does this list-server possess?

Does it allow attachments that may contain viruses or
does it allow you (as list owner) to block them the
way yahoo does?

Does it allow you to search the archives by a keyword
or topic? I can see that it archives by thread
instead of by date of post, but I have generally found
that to be both awkward and not very helpful in
finding specific information.

I am sure that other questions have occurred to other
people and will eventually occur to me, so I ask you
to air out some of these questions and answers on list
so as to get them all addressed in a direct and timely
manner and firmly placed on the archived threads for
future reference.

I had been a member of another list serve that tried
this same switch to, surprisingly, this save server,
and although that owner had discussed the move in
great detail prior to the switch, she had not known
this info and the move was, ultimately, unsuccessful.
For one thing there had at that time appeared to be a
conflict between Ilibiblo and Yahoo that caused some
mailing interruptions, for those of us who had Yahoo,
Netscape and AOL accounts.

I hope we can keep this good list together better that
that one did. It had made the mistake of closing down
it's yahoo list and then had to make yet another list,
there, to go on to, instead of returning to it's
original list.

Yours, Pego Rice