labruscagrape - Re: [OFEX] Upside down tomatoes

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "bert dunn" <helbert@idirect.com>
  • To: "Ontario Fruit Explorers" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [OFEX] Upside down tomatoes
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 10:35:15 -0400

Hi Tom
mall question
Why grow 'em upside down?
Space?
Do you have to eat 'em laying down? Bert
Bert Dunn Box 352 Schomberg LOG1T0 1-905-880-4453

Sent: Saturday, July 29, 2006 11:11 AM
Subject: [OFEX] Upside down tomatoes

Hello all,

A quick update on my upside down tomatoes.

I did have to pick off a few yeallow leaves this week. Not unexpected
since I used old soil. New bagged soil would not have soil borne disese
(I hope).

The hanging tomatoes do not grow as large as standards in the ground.
They fruit OK, but my guesstimate is that overall plant vigor is reduced
but not so much I would consider them a failure.

Attached are images. Forgive the graininess, but I reduced the image
quality to save file size.