labruscagrape - [OFEX] Currant recipe

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [OFEX] Currant recipe
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 11:26:37 -0400

Hello All,

So this recipe would work with most any whole, fruit juice, and dpending on how much you "thickened" it, you either get fruit syrup, or fruit butter.

My inlaws would take apples to Wellesly and have cider pressed and apple butter made.

We all freeze the apple cider, and keep the apple butter in the fridge.

However, my inlaws would have too much to keep in the fridge, so they just kept the closed pail someplace cool, and simply skimmed mold before use. Much like settlers would.