labruscagrape - [OFEX] Upside down tomatoes

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [OFEX] Upside down tomatoes
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 11:11:12 -0400

Hello all,

A quick update on my upside down tomatoes.

I did have to pick off a few yeallow leaves this week. Not unexpected since I used old soil. New bagged soil would not have soil borne disese (I hope).

The hanging tomatoes do not grow as large as standards in the ground. They fruit OK, but my guesstimate is that overall plant vigor is reduced but not so much I would consider them a failure.

Attached are images. Forgive the graininess, but I reduced the image quality to save file size.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.